? Backup generators, or fixed electric generators, are a type of equipment to supply electric power. Its operation is the same as that of any other electric generator, with the difference that these are fixedly installed in one place. When we talk about domestic equipment, we refer to models which are designed to supply small electric charges ideal for homes or small offices.
Having a reserve system can guarantee us the supply of electricity in the event of a power failure, once the electric power service is restored, the electric charge is transferred and detected again by the generator, then it is automatically turned off, the fuel used by is usually diesel, natural gas generator or liquid propane.
These are much more complex systems than portable generators, and also considerably more costs, and finally with considerable benefits. Here you can find the best standby generators and with the best Amazon reviews, buy the standby generators for homes or commercial use on offer at an excellent price and get rid of the blackouts.
Buy the Best Stanby Generator for sale of 2021
Characteristics of backup generators
The loads supplied by this equipment range from 5 KW to 45 KW in some models designed for large offices or even small stores.
- They mostly operate with Natural Gas or Lp Gas, although some large models use diesel to be more cost efficient.
- They are large equipment, and part of their acquisition cost includes the costs associated with their installation.
- Unlike portable generators, these tend to generate a lot of noise, so their installation includes a coating to isolate noise.
- Unlike portable generators, they tend to get hot, so they require a cooling system.
- The prices start at $ 1,600, with prices around $ 10,000 for higher loads (30 KW).
Cooling systems of standby generators
Reserve generators that are considered small in size (those that range from 15 KW to 20 KW) have a system based on cast air, which prevents the heating of the when taking air from the environment, other of greater supply and power require other solutions for cooling, such as liquid cooling refrigeration systems.
Automatic supply system
? The new models that exist in the market of home standby generators allow an automatic and intelligent system that does not allow the supply of electric power to be interrupted in case of any failure or eventuality with the electricity supply, the home standby generator is perfect in any of these cases.
This is achieved through a transfer switch which must be installed on the electrical panel of the house, is necessary for the (usually sold separately).
It is important to note that these systems will not prevent connected equipment from shutting down for a brief moment, and may lose information in the case of computers, or may cause damage to other equipment. To protect against these risks, one can use UPS (suitable supplies to protect computers) and / or voltage regulators.
Automatic systems begin to operate after a short delay.
Safety in the use of permanent backup generators
- A certified contractor or other qualified professional is required for the standby generator installation.
- It must be ensured that the generator does not send electricity to the power lines, this is avoided by installing a double-shot bipolar switch, a professional or qualified technician can do this work for you.
- When you purchase a Standby generator and make changes to the wiring, notify the relevant authorities or your city department.
- It is necessary to carry out regular safety inspections and ensure that there is enough fuel for several days.
Standby generator distance from house
If you have already purchased an electric generator to be your support, or main power equipment, the time has come to determine where you are going to install your new equipment. So let’s look at all the aspects that you will have to evaluate before starting up your equipment.
Let’s start with the foundations
Depending on the size of the electric generator it will be necessary for the floor or ceiling to support the total weight of the equipment, adding the fuel, oil and coolant. If we talk about a team that is very large, the ideal is that you have the advice of an engineer to assess the strength of the structure.
Also, keep in mind, especially if the structure is under construction, that a prudential space between the walls, preferably 1 or 2 meters, be maintained. And if possible, that an insulating layer be applied between the foundations and the floor, to prevent any risk of leaks and any other inconvenience that affects the operation of the equipment.
Details with noise
This is a factor that we cannot ignore when we talk about installing an electric generator, especially if it is large and you will not be able to move it as often as you would with a portable computer. If you have the advice of an engineer or architect, you can add some materials to isolate the noise produced by these machines.
Another option is to buy equipment that is soundproofed, a quality that is appreciated as it reduces the discomforts that these machines can cause to the people around them, just like animals, if we talk about a model that operates in an open space.
And if your electric generator is going to be installed in enclosed work spaces, remember to comply with the regulations established by the labor laws of that city or country.
Watch the ventilation
When an electric generator starts, it emits gases that, if not dispersed in a timely or effective way, can cause problems due to poisoning or unhealthiness. But it is not only the gases, heat is also generated that, if not spread, can create dangerous situations or definitely affect the durability of your equipment.
Hence, it is advisable to install the generator in places where air currents are abundant to eliminate any inconvenience with fuel fumes or engine heat.
It is appropriate that you verify all possible sites to install your newand make the best decision about it, always thinking about your comfort and well-being.
Why buy a standby generator?
Automatic generators are very necessary in emergencies to ensure the full functioning of critical systems, such as fire systems, elevators in tall buildings or medical equipment for critical patients.
Here are the best standby home generator for home use for sale in the web, this generators also used routinely in residential areas, to guarantee an electrical reserve in case of any failure in the supply for appliances and air conditioning and security systems. See all models of
Generac Standby home Generator
List of the best sellers in amazon and the Best reviews of standby generator generac, like
- Scheduled maintenance kit is for standby home generators
- For use with the 20kW and 22kW air cooled standby generators from 2013 or later (999cc engine)
- Maintenance is recommended every 200-hours or 2-years
- Designed to work effectively
- Durable and long lasting
- Convenient and easy to use
- Includes the appropriate block heater, step by step installation instructions and all necessary mounting hardware
- Operates with Cold Weather Kit model 5630
- For Generac 22, 27, 36, 45 and 60 kW automatic standby generators
Kohler Standby Generator
- Power Source Type: Gas-Powered
- 48kW Generator to keep your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on, based on load size
- Premium Power quality engineered TO protect your most valuable electronics with exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels...
- Powered by a KOHLER Engine, operating low-speed at 1, 800 RPM
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing solar generators for the explorers. As an industry leader in eco-friendly portable power,...
- [MASSIVE CAPACITY 518Wh]: Jackery Explorer 500 is equipped with a 518 watt-hour (24Ah, 21.6V) lithium-ion battery pack. It features 1* AC outlet (110V 500W...
- [POWER STATION DESIGNED FOR PORTABILITY]: The Jackery portable power station Explorer 500 is about the size of a basketball and has a solid handle. It's...
Briggs & Stratton Standby Generator
Champion Standby Generator
- Dual Fuel: Operate your 3800-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (included)...
- Electric Start: Power up the 224cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge: Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals. Dimensions-26.3 x 24.8 x 22.9...
- PowerRUSH Technology - Delivers over 50% more starting capacity-allowing you to do more with less
- Up to 50% quieter - ideal for noise sensitive environments/ up to 25% lighter - for improved portability
- True power technology - clean power for sensitive electronics
Honeywell Standby Generator
- [SAVE ENERGY, SAVE MONEY] Perfect for targeted spot cooling in rooms up to 775 sq. ft. -save huge on electricity bills cooling only the room you need...
- [QUICK INSTALLATION] Fully Packed Window Kit with adjustable window bracket and Dehumidifier Drain Tube included!
- [ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES] Thermal overload protection for added safety & peace of mind. Dual Dust Filtration extends product life and performance by...
- Built to last: With a steel frame protecting the engine from damage, a Honeywell portable generator is ideal for home emergency, events, power tools and...
- Engine protection: Low-oil shutdown detects low oil level and shuts the engine down to prevent potential engine damage
- Easy to transport and store: Heavy-duty wheels increase maneuverability over uneven terrain and the sturdy, locking, fold-down handles make it compact for...
Cummins Standby Generator
Best for sale.
- Cummins Onan RV QG RV QG 5500 Gasoline EVAP Generator
- The RV QG series, formerly Onan Marquis Gold, has a fully integrated design to make it the quietest in its class
- Runs one or two 15.000 BTU air conditioners with power to spare
It is important to consider that the of 5 to 30 KW (, , ) will supply our house during the electric shorts, but those of small loads will only give enough energy to keep some appliances running (some parts of the house can be turned off).
Look at the Standby we have for sale and choose the one that suits you, see . !!! BUY NOW!!!